Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 4 Update

I can't believe how long it's been since I last updated. I'm sorry about that!

As many of you know, Dad spent 13 days at Kobacker House and was sent home early for good behavior (my words, not theirs). He was feeling well, eating like a horse and not Kobacker material. The doctors felt he wasn't "actively dying" and he got to transfer home under continued hospice care. I think it was a great treat for Dad to be in his own home and in familiar surroundings after more than 9 weeks straight in a hospital facility.

However, Dad is now returning to Kobacker. He's been dealing with an increasing level of pain and it is simply too much to be managed at home. The hospice nurse suggested returning and Dad agreed it is the right thing to do. So, this afternoon he'll be heading back to Kobacker after a week long vacation at home.

We thank you all for your continued love and support. At this time, due to Dad's ever increasing level of discomfort and need to rest (and to respect Kobacker House) we ask for limited visits. It's best to call ahead before stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment