Despite all that's going on and not feeling like eating at all, Dad is being a Champ about lunch. Whether he wants to or not, he eats at least half of whatever I serve him. He has started to be able to name things he thinks his body could handle and that would taste good to his changing senses. Yesterday, he wanted pasta salad with mayonnaise-y dressing and a white meat chicken sandwich. Today he wanted a meatball sub with baseball sized meatballs, sliced, on soft bread with melted provolone. And tomorrow he's requested ham & bean soup.
Dude has some good taste in food, even during chemo.
Hi Dan, I just came in from eating out and wish I'd been able to dine with you! With a diet like this you will definitely be ahead of the norm who only enjoy the hospital food!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
Sallie
Dan Firehouse Subs finally opened last week and we went to try it out....AWESOME!!!
ReplyDelete